Voting locations are the same as for the state and national election. Polls are open 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Register to vote by October 11
District residents may register to vote throughout the year at their respective township office or at any branch of the Secretary of State (www.michigan.gov/vote). Here are links to the township offices that fall within the Mattawan Consolidated School District.
Requesting an absentee ballot:
As a registered voter, you may obtain an absentee voter ballot if you are:
- age 60 years old or older
- unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- expecting to be out of town on election day
- in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
- appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence.
You may request an absentee ballot by mailing the online application, or you can obtain a pre-printed application form at your local clerk’s office.
After receiving your absentee voter ballot, you have until 8 p.m. on Election Day (November 8, 2011) to complete the ballot and return it to the clerk’s office.
If you received assistance voting the ballot, the signature of the person who helped you must also be on the return envelope. Only you, a family member or person residing in your household, a mail carrier, or election official is authorized to deliver your signed absentee voter ballot to your clerk’s office.